A preview is worth a
- Performed internal control documentation and flow-charted process in accounting, sales, engineering, manufacturing, shipping and receiving, and quality control departments of international manufacturer for use in Epicor ERP implementation.
- Prepared consolidated monthly financial statements and intercompany elimination entries for internal financial reporting to Management and the Board of Directors for 6 subsidiaries with more than $125M of gross annual revenues.
- Reconciled fixed assets, prepaid and other assets, fixed assets and prepared footnote disclosures for operating and capital leases, rent agreements, related party transactions, and other disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP for external audit.
- Developed capital expense model for analysis and company-wide policy for capital purchases in U.S divisions for consistent, streamlined executive management review and approval of all capital purchases of new manufacturing equipment.
- Documented accounting and finance department monthly procedures pre- and post- ERP system conversion for two hospitals, ambulatory care divisions, physician services groups, and a private foundation for external audit in accordance with Institute Internal Audit and Ascension Health’s standards for use in external audit.
- Responsible for detailed internal control testing for cash receipts, cash disbursements, bank reconciliations, and fixed assets additions and disposals and other ad-hoc reporting per Director of Finance and Accounting.
Manufacturer with International Sales
- Served as Interim Accounting Manager for U.S. subsidiary of Japanese international manufacturer with approximately $150 M in gross annual revenues.
- Responsible for supervising 7 staff accountants, including reviewing monthly reconciliations and journal entries.
- Prepared monthly journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepared internal monthly financial statements for U.S. Division and regulatory financial statements and disclosures for as required by Japanese parent corporation for publicly traded corporations on Japanese Stock Exchange.
- Served as Director of Finance for Museum with approximately $3M of gross annual revenues for 9 months.
- Responsibilities included monthly financial reporting, quarterly and annual city and state grant reporting, sales and use tax reporting, and coordination with external auditors for year-end audit and tax reporting.
- Responsible for accounting system implementation from QuickBooks to Financial Edge, which included establishing fund accounting methods, remapping chart of accounts, reconciling subsidiary ledgers, and training and troubleshooting issues staff accountant were unable to resolve.
- Responsible for preparing weekly Executive Management operational reports, monthly Finance Committee Reports, and Quarterly and Annual reporting to the Board of Trustees.
- Supervised two staff members and trained permanent hire Director Finance.
- Assisted management with financial reporting and internal controls required to successfully pass Florida’s Overhead Rate Audit, which increased company’s overhead rate billable rate approximately 25% and increased contractual bid limit for state construction contracts.
- Prepared bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, fixed asset reconciliation, and accounts payable reconciliations.
- Coordinated with lead accountant to establish monthly and annual accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance as well as improve strength and accuracy of financial reporting.
Parking Management Company
- Prepared comprehensive review of accounting policies and procedures and assisted management with development of internal control checklist to ensure policy compliance within finance department.
- Conducted onsite walkthroughs of parking operations cash handling policies from cash collection to cash deposit to identify opportunities to strengthen internal controls.
- Conducted internal control testing of cash receipts, cash reconciliations, payroll, and cash disbursements process to identify opportunities to improve processes for Executive Management review.
- Prepared comprehensive list of best practices for cash handling, deposits, reconciliations, financial reporting, cash disbursements, payroll processing, billing, and other areas for Executive Management to improve current internal controls and implement in preparation of significant expansion of operations.